Work Prayer

Some days when I am on my way to work, I say to myself a little prayer, it goes something like this:

Thank you for this new day. Thank you for my legs which walk and eyes which see, for the ability to explore and come into contact with the wide world.

Thank you for my abilities. Thank you for my understanding, which allows me to think about the world and allows me to try to plan for a better world.

Thank you for my co-workers, who help me to see things in a new light. Help me to see the light that is within them, help me to forgive those who distract and annoy me.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work on a job that challenges my abilities and that can make a difference in peoples lives. Let me try to offer something of myself as a gift to the world on this day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Idea of "White Supremacy Culture" is Offensive

Universalism and Color Translucency

Two Types of Community Conversations